BibleGateway – BibleGateway.com is a website designed to allow easy searching of the Christian Bible in many different versions and translations, including Spanish, French, and other non-English languages (see below). The website is free for anyone to use. It is currently owned by Zondervan.
Bible.org – We exist to freely share the good news from God to the entire world so you can KNOW the Truth about life and eternity. We provide free access on the Internet to the finest, most trustworthy biblical truths and materials.
ESV On-Line Study Bible – ESVBible.org is a key part of Crossway’s ESV Digital initiative. It is a powerful and convenient tool providing access to the ESV Bible and other resources for understanding and applying God’s Word to life.
Redeemer Presbyterian Church, NYC, Resources – Redeemer’s recommended reading list includes articles for download (in PDF format) and a selection of books categorized according to the five main themes of Redeemer’s vision statement.
Affirmations on Homosexuality – A Bible-based diagnosis and treatment of homosexuality.
The Gospel Coalition – We are a fellowship of evangelical churches deeply committed to renewing our faith in the gospel of Christ and to reforming our ministry practices to conform fully to the Scriptures.
FRC Action – Fighting for the American Family. FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty.
How Can I Know God by Tim Keller – Explanation of the Gospel.
The Names of Jesus – The truth is: Jesus is the all-sufficient Savior. No other savior is needed besides Him or with Him. (Please know that the following is just a partial listing of the many Scriptural names and titles of the Lord. There are others not listed here.)
Presbyterian Church in America – The Presbyterian Church in America has a strong commitment to evangelism, missionary work at home and abroad, and to Christian education. From its inception, the church has determined its purpose to be “faithful to the Scriptures, true to the reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission.”
Family Life – To effectively develop Godly marriages and families who change the world one home at a time.
Revival and Fasting – Desiring God—Explanation of fasting.
Christian Growth – Campus Crusade for Christ
Selections from City of God – Selections from City of God by St. Augustine.
Puritan Prayers – Puritan prayers categorized under several “realities of life”.
The Hall of Church History – “Theology from a bunch of dead guys.”
All About Jesus – Who is this man who claimed to be God? What were the major events in Jesus Christ’s life on Earth? Was Jesus Christ truly the Savior of the world? Study the life of this Man and learn how He can impact your life. As you study, keep in mind what He said while on Earth: “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:28).
Wikiquote, CS Lewis – CS Lewis quotes.
Covenant Theological Seminary – For more than 50 years, Covenant Seminary’s mission has been training pastors and those who serve beside them for ministry to Christ’s church. If you sense God calling you to pastoral ministry or some other form of ministry leadership, we’re here to help. We are eager to walk beside you before, during, and after your seminary experience to help you become rooted in God’s grace for a lifetime of fruitful ministry.
RUF – As a ministry of the Presbyterian Church in America, RUF holds to the core beliefs of historic Christianity which motivate our heart for God and love for the university. RUF is a ministry of students to students which takes place under the guidance of ordained campus ministers and their staff. As such, we acknowledge that God has uniquely gifted every Christian to contribute to the work of the church and that he has called pastors in particular to equip all of God’s people for their specific callings.
EVANGELISM EXPLOSION – Evangelism Explosion is a ministry that trains people how to share their faith in Christ and how to bring people from unbelief to belief. It utilizes a variety of components including prayer, actual on-the-job training where the experienced lead the inexperienced, and the principle of spiritual multiplication.
God’s Answer to Suffering — Peter Kreft
Family Research Council – Advancing Family, Faith, and Freedom.
Ligonier Ministries, the Teaching Fellowship of RC Sproul – Resource Library.
Sanctity of Life: The Inescapable Issue – “With great admiration, this volume is dedicated to the young women who lived in our home while carrying their babies. Though unmarried, they refused an abortion. Tearfully, each one released her infant to the loving arms of adoptive parents, whose long-awaited dreams were fulfilled. My family and I thank God upon every remembrance of their courage and unselfishness.” (Chuck Swindoll)
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries – Ravi Zacharias International Ministries is a global team of speakers with offices throughout the world in: the United States, the United Kingdom, Romania, Turkey, the Middle East, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and Canada. Founded in 1984 by Ravi Zacharias, the vision of RZIM is fivefold…
The Reformed Reader – Baptists, like other Christians, are defined by doctrine—some of it common to all orthodox and evangelical groups and a portion of it importantly distinctive. Theological reformation is urgently needed in order to promote the spiritual effectiveness and longevity of the recent return to biblical authority.
Churches for Life – Life issues encompass a variety of actions that lead up to, are directly related to, or result from situations in which a human being in peril has little or no ability to defend himself from immanent unjust harm, including death. Churches for Life’ mission is to nourish churches as gospel-driven champions of life (or, “life issues,” given our present discussion). Generally speaking, that means we equip Life Teams, churches, and agencies to work together to equip others to think and act Biblically in categories such as, but not limited to…
The Path Less Chosen, Dan Allender – Dan B. Allender, Ph.D, is a fly fisherman who also serves as a professor of counseling at The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology in Seattle, Washington. He is a therapist in private practice, and a frequent speaker and seminar leader. Dan received his M.Div. from Westminster Theological Seminary and his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Michigan State University. He is the author of To Be Told: Know Your Story / Shape Your Future, How Children Raise Parents, and The Healing Path, as well as The Wounded Heart, Bold Love, and Intimate Allies. He and his wife, Rebecca, are the parents of three children.
Setting Captives Free – We help people find freedom from habitual sins and learn to grow in grace. Our Christ-centered courses are free of charge and help people just like you escape impurity, over-eating, substance abuse, gambling, smoking and more.
Goodreads – is the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. (A great quote resource too!) We have more than 8,500,000 members who have added more than 300,000,000 books to their shelves. A home for casual readers and bona-fide bookworms alike, Goodreads users recommend books, compare what they are reading, keep track of what they’ve read and would like to read, find their next favorite book, form book clubs and much more. Goodreads was launched in January 2007.
- My Favorite Bible
- The Weeping, The Window, the Way by John Dozier
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis
- Lost in the Cosmos by Walker Percy
- The Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton
- Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas
- Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado
- Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman
- Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
- Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb
- Boundaries by Cloud/Townsend
- What’s So Amazing About Grace by Philip Yancey
- Spiritual Depression: It’s Causes and Cure by D. Martin Llyod Jones
- The Religious Affections by Jonathan Edwards
- Raising a Modern-Day Knight: A Father’s Role to Guiding His Son into Authentic Manhood by Robert Lewis
- Spirit Warriors by Stu Weber
- The Essential Works of RC Sproul
- The Essential Truths of the Christian Faith by RC Sproul
- The Consequences of Ideas by RC Sproul
- The Holiness of God by RC Sproul
- What is Reformed Theology? Understanding the Basics by RC Sproul
- Knowing Scripture by RC Sproul
- Steering Through Chaos by Os Guinness
- The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer
- Puritan Paperbacks
- Healing the Masculine Soul by Gordon Dalbey
- The Francis A. Schaeffer Trilogy: Three Essential Books in One Volume by Francis Schaeffer
- The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview by Francis Schaeffer
- How Should We Then Live? The Rise and Decline of Western Thought and Culture by Francis Schaeffer
- True Spirituality by Francis Schaeffer
- A Christian Manifesto by Francis Schaeffer
- Death in the City by Francis Schaeffer
- The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead You to a More Abundant Life by Dan Allender
- To Be Told: God Invites You to Coauthor Your Future by Dan Allender
- The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Dan Allender
- The Cry of the Soul by Allender & Longman
- Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
- Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
- Bread for the Journey: A Daybook of Wisdom and Faith by Henri Nouwen
- Turn My Mourning into Dancing by Henri Nouwen